The School was last inspected on 14th March 2017
The inspection, one of the new ‘short’ inspections undertaken by Ofsted, has endorsed the findings of the school’s 2012 inspection. The school remains Good overall with Outstanding Leadership and Management, Pupil Behaviour and Safeguarding, and Sixth Form.
Headteacher, Nigel Griffiths, said “I am delighted to report that, once again, Ofsted inspectors are very positive about the work we do at the school, and, in particular, our pupils and staff”.
Click to read the Headteacher’s letter to Parents/Carers and Ofsted’s Report.
Summary of key findings for parents and pupils
- Pupils are well behaved, polite and friendly.
- Because of excellent attitudes to learning and strong academic results, pupils are well prepared for life after school.
- Parents value the education that the school provides.
- Parents and students particularly value the school’s high-performing sixth form.
- Staff are proud to work at the school.
- Staff have high expectations of pupils and they consistently model respectful behaviour. Consequently, relationships are strong.
View the School's 2012 and 2017 Ofsted reports here or via
this link to the Ofsted website
Visit the Ofsted 'Parent View' page.